Owens Physical Therapy Specialists is a locally owned and operated private practice. Jim Owens opened the practice in 2008 to provide the best care experience for the Grand Rapids community. Owens PT Specialists does this by providing one-on-one care from highly experienced and knowledgeable clinicians. Owens Physical Therapy Specialists does not use any assistants or technicians to provide your care. Treatment is solely delivered by one of our experienced and licensed physical therapists.
Your individualized care experience will consist of the following:
• Comprehensive Evaluation – Our licensed physical therapists will assess your problem and the entire kinematic chain to discover areas of strength loss, range of motion loss, and compensation strategies. Many times we have pain in a specific area that may be created from other parts of the body and manifesting itself in a different region of the body. The thorough evaluation you will receive will bring any discrepancies to light, and will be addressed day one, to quicken your healing process.
• Manual Therapy – In addition to the exercises that will be specifically tailored to your needs and ability levels, the clinicians at Owens Physical Therapy Specialists may need to help assist you with a hands on approach. Some musculoskeletal issues require the skilled hands of our therapists to improve range of motion or perform myofascial release techniques that improve the mobility of the muscles or joints.
• Personal Supervision – Rest assured that your exercises will be tailored to your specific issue, and know that our knowledgeable staff will be personally instructing you. This will insure the most optimal form to get the best results for your efforts .
• Patient education – You will be given detailed information on the source of your symptoms and you will be taught how to manage and avoid further irritation. Your physical therapist will instruct you on how to continue your rehab on your own with detailed written descriptions and images.
• Modalities – Application of modalities, such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, iontophoresis, and hot & cold therapies will be used as needed to help reduce and control your pain.
• State-of-the-Art Facilities – Your physical therapist will utilize the gym and exercise equipment to help facilitate a successful and timely recovery.
Owens Physical Therapy Specialists is proud to be serving the Grand Raggidy Roller Girls as their team Physical Therapists and Rehabilitaton Consultant since 2009. www.GrandRaggidy.com
We're always looking for talent!
If you're a physical therapist looking to take your career to the next level, explore a physical therapy career at Owens Physical Therapy Specialists.
We’re always looking for candidates who are ready to bring their expertise to our team and strive to provide the very best service to our patients.